Sunday, June 26, 2011

I'm a twit, degenerate, young rebel and I'm proud of it.

Yes, the title of this post and this blog is a proud declaration of my "Little Monster" status.
While I appreciate and acknowledge that Lady GaGa is, as a brand and as a person, flawed, I find her inspiring.  So while I do not unequivocally accept her, I am, indeed, a Little Monster.

And that's what I envision this blog being about.  A safe space to love and to question, to acknowledge imperfections but appreciate the attempt.

This blog will be feminist in nature.  But that's not all it will be.  I'll talk about music, about movies, about the news, about injustice, about justice, and basically about whatever I find that inspires me to passion or indignation.  I love this world, but I'm not content to leave it as I found it and I hope that you're not either.

"Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that.  Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -Howard Thurman
I vow never to write about something that doesn't make me come alive.  I hope you join me on my journey for as long as it sparks some fire in you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment